Old 10-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Jaime Tarrant

Default how to change the default web browser from epiphany to iceweasel?

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008, Star Liu wrote:

> as the title. everytime when i click a link in pidgin, it opens
> epiphany, but i usually use iceweseal, how to change the behavior of
> pidgin and other applications to use iceweseal as the default web
> browser? thanks

I tend to set this using:

update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

This will show a numbered list of installed browsers, from which you can
select the number corresponding to your desired web browser. From memory, you
need to run this as root.

Although, as others have pointed out, some apps hold app specific settings,
thus they might also need to be changed.

Kind Regards,
Jaime
--
Jaime Tarrant

Old 10-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Tue,07.Oct.08, 17:09:29, Star Liu wrote:
> thank you. do you have any IM so that i can add you into my debian group?

Hello Star,

If you are interested in something more "instant" than mailing lists you
might want to try the #debian IRC channel on irc.debian.org

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Paul Johnson

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 14:58 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Tue,07.Oct.08, 17:09:29, Star Liu wrote:
> > thank you. do you have any IM so that i can add you into my debian group?
>
> Hello Star,
>
> If you are interested in something more "instant" than mailing lists you
> might want to try the #debian IRC channel on irc.debian.org

There is also a group chat on XMPP (aka Jabber aka Google Talk, et.
al.). It's XMPPID is debian@conference.jabber.org

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca

Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Wed,08.Oct.08, 09:02:44, Star Liu wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue,07.Oct.08, 17:09:29, Star Liu wrote:
> >> thank you. do you have any IM so that i can add you into my debian group?
> >
> > Hello Star,
> >
> > If you are interested in something more "instant" than mailing lists you
> > might want to try the #debian IRC channel on irc.debian.org
>
> thank you, but do you know why the xchat says "you are banned" when i
> tried to join channel #debian?

Did you try to join #debian before? Is there any other message?

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. Putting this back on list as others may have better ideas
(Albert Einstein)

Old 10-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 09:55:34AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 14:58 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Tue,07.Oct.08, 17:09:29, Star Liu wrote:
> > > thank you. do you have any IM so that i can add you into my debian group?
> >
> > Hello Star,
> >
> > If you are interested in something more "instant" than mailing lists you
> > might want to try the #debian IRC channel on irc.debian.org
>
> There is also a group chat on XMPP (aka Jabber aka Google Talk, et.
> al.). It's XMPPID is debian@conference.jabber.org

There are plenty of chat groups on conference.jabber.org. Very few
active ones. Is that one actually active?

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 10-11-2008, 02:59 AM
Paul Johnson

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> There are plenty of chat groups on conference.jabber.org. Very few
> active ones. Is that one actually active?
>From time to time, that conference does get busy. I myself tend to
autojoin and leave it open, glancing to see if there's any new traffic
every now and then. Your mileage may vary.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 07:59:32PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > There are plenty of chat groups on conference.jabber.org. Very few
> > active ones. Is that one actually active?
> >From time to time, that conference does get busy. I myself tend to
> autojoin and leave it open, glancing to see if there's any new traffic
> every now and then. Your mileage may vary.

"Busy" as in 9 users, and occasionally one of them asks a question
(mostly "anybody home?")

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend