-   -   how to change the default web browser from epiphany to iceweasel? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/171997-how-change-default-web-browser-epiphany-iceweasel.html)

"Star Liu" 10-07-2008 06:06 AM

how to change the default web browser from epiphany to iceweasel?

as the title. everytime when i click a link in pidgin, it opens
epiphany, but i usually use iceweseal, how to change the behavior of
pidgin and other applications to use iceweseal as the default web
browser? thanks

"Diego Martínez Castañeda" 10-07-2008 06:17 AM

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Star Liu <minxinjianxin@gmail.com> wrote:
> as the title. everytime when i click a link in pidgin, it opens
> epiphany, but i usually use iceweseal, how to change the behavior of
> pidgin and other applications to use iceweseal as the default web
> browser? thanks

I suppose you're in GNOME, isn't it? Then, go to
System->Preferences->Favorite Applications and select yours. I'm not
using GNOME in English so, my translation could be wrong.

diego

--
___Diego Martínez Castañeda
________http://www.n1mh.org

Trabaja como si no necesitaras el dinero.
Ama como si nunca te hubieran herido.
Baila como si nadie te estuviera mirando.

Rich Healey 10-07-2008 06:20 AM

how to change the default web browser from epiphany to iceweasel?

"Star Liu" 10-07-2008 07:37 AM

how to change the default web browser from epiphany to iceweasel?

Thank you very much, i changed it.

"Star Liu" 10-07-2008 09:09 AM

how to change the default web browser from epiphany to iceweasel?

thank you. do you have any IM so that i can add you into my debian group?

Rich Healey 10-07-2008 11:40 PM

how to change the default web browser from epiphany to iceweasel?