-   -   Anyone using Dell Poweredge R905? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/171791-anyone-using-dell-poweredge-r905.html)

Dave Ewart 10-06-2008 01:46 PM

Anyone using Dell Poweredge R905?

Is anyone else using a Dell Poweredge R905 with Debian?

I'm looking to buy one of these, but - being Dell - they won't guarantee
Debian support. And of course they won't offer a test unit for a single
system, either.

I don't want to risk just going ahead and ordering one, but I'll happily
take the word of someone who has already tried this with Debian...

I'm planning on getting a four quad-core Opteron version with 128GB RAM
for some statistical analysis applications.

Success stories (and horror stories) welcome!

Thanks,

Dave.

(Cross-posted to debian-amd64 and debian-user)

--
Dave Ewart
davee@ceu.ox.ac.uk