Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I Rattan

Default OT: oracle jdbc client for Linux

I want to install oracle-jdbc-client to access the dept
oracle server. There is a little confusion about which
package to use. I want the functionality:
- connect to server
- process the embedded SQL

All pointers will be appreciated.
-ishwar

Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM
"Anton Piatek"

2008/10/6 I Rattan <ratta1i@cps.cmich.edu>:

> I want to install oracle-jdbc-client to access the dept
> oracle server. There is a little confusion about which
> package to use. I want the functionality:
> - connect to server
> - process the embedded SQL
>
> All pointers will be appreciated.
> -ishwar

I am not very familiar with Oracle, I have more experience with DB2.

You need a Oracle client type package (part of the Oracle installer).
Then follow some generic Oracle jdbc instructions from google to find
out to get oracle and jdbc working

Anton

--
Anton Piatek
email: anton@piatek.co.uk

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.