Old 10-06-2008, 01:06 PM
J.H.Kim

Default How to get debian kernel source ?

Hi, everyone
*
Is the debian kernel source and the kernel source of same version in kernel archive(www.kernel.org) same?
If I want to get debian kernel source code, which source code cd-rom is needed out of 21CDs?
*
Thanks in advance.
*
*
*
*

Old 10-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Lalit Dhiri

If you go over to http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages you should be able to search for linux-source which will show you the current version of kernel source available. I think this version will vary depending upon the release you are searching under.

You might also want to look at the Wiki site at: http://wiki.debian.org/ under Debian Development.

--
Lalit Dhiri
Linux the root to no GPFs

________________________________

Old 10-06-2008, 01:28 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

J.H.Kim wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
> Is the debian kernel source and the kernel source of same version in kernel
> archive(www.kernel.org) same?
No, Debian applies some set of patches.

> If I want to get debian kernel source code, which source code cd-rom is
> needed out of 21CDs?
You can obtain source code without getting a CD, just install
'linux-source' package on your Debian system.

--
Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF

Old 10-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Paul Johnson

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 22:06 +0900, J.H.Kim wrote:

> Is the debian kernel source and the kernel source of same version in
> kernel archive(www.kernel.org) same?

I believe there may be some patches involved.

> If I want to get debian kernel source code, which source code cd-rom
> is needed out of 21CDs?

Don't download all the CDs unless you're dealing with a machine that has
no network connection. Let apt do the heavy lifting.

cd /usr/src && apt-get source kernel-image-2.6.blah

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca