FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-06-2008, 05:50 AM
linuksos
 
Default cdrecord - need for troubleshoot help

Hello Guys,

I'm trying to erase and burn my cd-rw. I'm sure that there is no
problem with my cd-rw media as it works on my other system. After
unsuccessful attempt to burn it with k3b I have gone to command line
to see what is going on. For command line I have followed steps
described here:
http://www.linuxconfig.org/Create_and_burn_ISO_images_with_mkisofs_%26_cdreco rd

Here is a output, everything looks fine but last 6 lines. Help is much
appreciated. Thank you

OUTPUT:


wodim: No write mode specified.
wodim: Asuming -tao mode.
wodim: Future versions of wodim may have different drive dependent defaults.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
devname: '/dev/hdc'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Wodim version: 1.1.2
SCSI buffer size: 64512
atapi: 1
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities :
Vendor_info : 'COMPAL '
Identification : 'TSD80Y1 DVD RW '
Revision : 'D010'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Current: 0x000A (CD-RW)
Profile: 0x001B (DVD+R)
Profile: 0x001A (DVD+RW)
Profile: 0x0014 (DVD-RW sequential recording)
Profile: 0x0013 (DVD-RW restricted overwrite)
Profile: 0x0011 (DVD-R sequential recording)
Profile: 0x0010 (DVD-ROM)
Profile: 0x000A (CD-RW) (current)
Profile: 0x0009 (CD-R)
Profile: 0x0008 (CD-ROM)
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
Drive buf size : 1638400 = 1600 KB
Beginning DMA speed test. Set CDR_NODMATEST environment variable if device
communication breaks or freezes immediately after that.
Drive DMA Speed: 4449 kB/s 25x CD 3x DVD
FIFO size : 12582912 = 12288 KB
Track 01: data 556 MB
Total size: 639 MB (63:21.21) = 285091 sectors
Lout start: 639 MB (63:23/16) = 285091 sectors
Current Secsize: 2048
ATIP info from disk:
Indicated writing power: 2
Reference speed: 6
Is not unrestricted
Is erasable
Disk sub type: High speed Rewritable (CAV) media (1)
ATIP start of lead in: -11077 (97:34/23)
ATIP start of lead out: 359849 (79:59/74)
1T speed low: 4 1T speed high: 10
2T speed low: 2 2T speed high: 10
power mult factor: 2 6
recommended erase/write power: 5
A1 values: 24 2C DC
A2 values: 14 A4 4A
A3 values: 04 C4 80
Disk type: Phase change
Manuf. index: 11
Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
Blocks total: 359849 Blocks current: 359849 Blocks remaining: 74758
Speed set to 2116 KB/s
Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 12.0 in real TAO mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write 0 seconds. Operation starts.
Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
Performing OPC...


Errno: 0 (Success), send opc scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB: 54 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
status: 0x4 (CONDITION MET/GOOD)
cmd finished after 60.053s timeout 60s
wodim: OPC failed.
Writing time: 174.939s



--
lubo
http://www.linuxconfig.org/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Lalit Dhiri
 
Default cdrecord - need for troubleshoot help

Try changing the driver selection in K3B. I think you'll find this at K3b configure> Devices> Cdrdao driver.

Linux the Root to no GPFs

> Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 16:50:48 +1100
> From: linuksos@gmail.com
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: cdrecord - need for troubleshoot help
>
> Hello Guys,
>
> I'm trying to erase and burn my cd-rw. I'm sure that there is no
> problem with my cd-rw media as it works on my other system. After
> unsuccessful attempt to burn it with k3b I have gone to command line
> to see what is going on. For command line I have followed steps
> described here:
> http://www.linuxconfig.org/Create_and_burn_ISO_images_with_mkisofs_%26_cdreco rd
>
> Here is a output, everything looks fine but last 6 lines. Help is much
> appreciated. Thank you
>
> OUTPUT:
>
>
> wodim: No write mode specified.
> wodim: Asuming -tao mode.
> wodim: Future versions of wodim may have different drive dependent defaults.
> TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
> scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
> devname: '/dev/hdc'
> scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
> Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
> Wodim version: 1.1.2
> SCSI buffer size: 64512
> atapi: 1
> Device type : Removable CD-ROM
> Version : 0
> Response Format: 2
> Capabilities :
> Vendor_info : 'COMPAL '
> Identification : 'TSD80Y1 DVD RW '
> Revision : 'D010'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
> Current: 0x000A (CD-RW)
> Profile: 0x001B (DVD+R)
> Profile: 0x001A (DVD+RW)
> Profile: 0x0014 (DVD-RW sequential recording)
> Profile: 0x0013 (DVD-RW restricted overwrite)
> Profile: 0x0011 (DVD-R sequential recording)
> Profile: 0x0010 (DVD-ROM)
> Profile: 0x000A (CD-RW) (current)
> Profile: 0x0009 (CD-R)
> Profile: 0x0008 (CD-ROM)
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
> Driver flags : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
> Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
> Drive buf size : 1638400 = 1600 KB
> Beginning DMA speed test. Set CDR_NODMATEST environment variable if device
> communication breaks or freezes immediately after that.
> Drive DMA Speed: 4449 kB/s 25x CD 3x DVD
> FIFO size : 12582912 = 12288 KB
> Track 01: data 556 MB
> Total size: 639 MB (63:21.21) = 285091 sectors
> Lout start: 639 MB (63:23/16) = 285091 sectors
> Current Secsize: 2048
> ATIP info from disk:
> Indicated writing power: 2
> Reference speed: 6
> Is not unrestricted
> Is erasable
> Disk sub type: High speed Rewritable (CAV) media (1)
> ATIP start of lead in: -11077 (97:34/23)
> ATIP start of lead out: 359849 (79:59/74)
> 1T speed low: 4 1T speed high: 10
> 2T speed low: 2 2T speed high: 10
> power mult factor: 2 6
> recommended erase/write power: 5
> A1 values: 24 2C DC
> A2 values: 14 A4 4A
> A3 values: 04 C4 80
> Disk type: Phase change
> Manuf. index: 11
> Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
> Blocks total: 359849 Blocks current: 359849 Blocks remaining: 74758
> Speed set to 2116 KB/s
> Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 12.0 in real TAO mode for single session.
> Last chance to quit, starting real write 0 seconds. Operation starts.
> Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
> Performing OPC...
>
>
> Errno: 0 (Success), send opc scsi sendcmd: no error
> CDB: 54 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> status: 0x4 (CONDITION MET/GOOD)
> cmd finished after 60.053s timeout 60s
> wodim: OPC failed.
> Writing time: 174.939s
>
>
>
> --
> lubo
> http://www.linuxconfig.org/
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
>

__________________________________________________ _______________
Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354033/direct/01/

--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 10-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom
 
Default cdrecord - need for troubleshoot help

linuksos wrote:

Hello Guys,

I'm trying to erase and burn my cd-rw. I'm sure that there is no
problem with my cd-rw media as it works on my other system. After
unsuccessful attempt to burn it with k3b I have gone to command line
to see what is going on. For command line I have followed steps
described here:
http://www.linuxconfig.org/Create_and_burn_ISO_images_with_mkisofs_%26_cdreco rd



<snip>

On the cmdline:

cdrecord -v dev=/dev/<device> blank=fast <xxx>.iso


Hugo


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 10-09-2008, 03:52 AM
linuksos
 
Default cdrecord - need for troubleshoot help

I have tried couple of them but the same result. Which driver exactly
do you have in mind?

thank you

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Lalit Dhiri <my_linux@live.com> wrote:
>
> Try changing the driver selection in K3B. I think you'll find this at K3b configure> Devices> Cdrdao driver.
>
> Linux the Root to no GPFs
>
>> Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 16:50:48 +1100
>> From: linuksos@gmail.com
>> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>> Subject: cdrecord - need for troubleshoot help
>>
>> Hello Guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to erase and burn my cd-rw. I'm sure that there is no
>> problem with my cd-rw media as it works on my other system. After
>> unsuccessful attempt to burn it with k3b I have gone to command line
>> to see what is going on. For command line I have followed steps
>> described here:
>> http://www.linuxconfig.org/Create_and_burn_ISO_images_with_mkisofs_%26_cdreco rd
>>
>> Here is a output, everything looks fine but last 6 lines. Help is much
>> appreciated. Thank you
>>
>> OUTPUT:
>>
>>
>> wodim: No write mode specified.
>> wodim: Asuming -tao mode.
>> wodim: Future versions of wodim may have different drive dependent defaults.
>> TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
>> scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
>> devname: '/dev/hdc'
>> scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
>> Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
>> Wodim version: 1.1.2
>> SCSI buffer size: 64512
>> atapi: 1
>> Device type : Removable CD-ROM
>> Version : 0
>> Response Format: 2
>> Capabilities :
>> Vendor_info : 'COMPAL '
>> Identification : 'TSD80Y1 DVD RW '
>> Revision : 'D010'
>> Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
>> Current: 0x000A (CD-RW)
>> Profile: 0x001B (DVD+R)
>> Profile: 0x001A (DVD+RW)
>> Profile: 0x0014 (DVD-RW sequential recording)
>> Profile: 0x0013 (DVD-RW restricted overwrite)
>> Profile: 0x0011 (DVD-R sequential recording)
>> Profile: 0x0010 (DVD-ROM)
>> Profile: 0x000A (CD-RW) (current)
>> Profile: 0x0009 (CD-R)
>> Profile: 0x0008 (CD-ROM)
>> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
>> Driver flags : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
>> Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
>> Drive buf size : 1638400 = 1600 KB
>> Beginning DMA speed test. Set CDR_NODMATEST environment variable if device
>> communication breaks or freezes immediately after that.
>> Drive DMA Speed: 4449 kB/s 25x CD 3x DVD
>> FIFO size : 12582912 = 12288 KB
>> Track 01: data 556 MB
>> Total size: 639 MB (63:21.21) = 285091 sectors
>> Lout start: 639 MB (63:23/16) = 285091 sectors
>> Current Secsize: 2048
>> ATIP info from disk:
>> Indicated writing power: 2
>> Reference speed: 6
>> Is not unrestricted
>> Is erasable
>> Disk sub type: High speed Rewritable (CAV) media (1)
>> ATIP start of lead in: -11077 (97:34/23)
>> ATIP start of lead out: 359849 (79:59/74)
>> 1T speed low: 4 1T speed high: 10
>> 2T speed low: 2 2T speed high: 10
>> power mult factor: 2 6
>> recommended erase/write power: 5
>> A1 values: 24 2C DC
>> A2 values: 14 A4 4A
>> A3 values: 04 C4 80
>> Disk type: Phase change
>> Manuf. index: 11
>> Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
>> Blocks total: 359849 Blocks current: 359849 Blocks remaining: 74758
>> Speed set to 2116 KB/s
>> Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 12.0 in real TAO mode for single session.
>> Last chance to quit, starting real write 0 seconds. Operation starts.
>> Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
>> Performing OPC...
>>
>>
>> Errno: 0 (Success), send opc scsi sendcmd: no error
>> CDB: 54 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
>> status: 0x4 (CONDITION MET/GOOD)
>> cmd finished after 60.053s timeout 60s
>> wodim: OPC failed.
>> Writing time: 174.939s
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> lubo
>> http://www.linuxconfig.org/
>>
>>
>> --
>> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
>> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
>>
>
> __________________________________________________ _______________
> Win New York holidays with Kellogg's & Live Search
> http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354033/direct/01/
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
>
>



--
lubo
http://www.linuxconfig.org/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 AM
linuksos
 
Default cdrecord - need for troubleshoot help

No difference. I can see enormous hard disk activity but no positive result...



On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
> linuksos wrote:
>>
>> Hello Guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to erase and burn my cd-rw. I'm sure that there is no
>> problem with my cd-rw media as it works on my other system. After
>> unsuccessful attempt to burn it with k3b I have gone to command line
>> to see what is going on. For command line I have followed steps
>> described here:
>>
>> http://www.linuxconfig.org/Create_and_burn_ISO_images_with_mkisofs_%26_cdreco rd
>>
>
> <snip>
>
> On the cmdline:
>
> cdrecord -v dev=/dev/<device> blank=fast <xxx>.iso
>
>
> Hugo
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with a subject
> of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
>
>



--
lubo
http://www.linuxconfig.org/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Michael Wagner
 
Default cdrecord - need for troubleshoot help

* linuksos <linuksos@gmail.com> 09.10.2008
> No difference. I can see enormous hard disk activity but no positive result...
>
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > On the cmdline:
> >
> > cdrecord -v dev=/dev/<device> blank=fast <xxx>.iso

Hello linuksos,

do you have the original cdrecord from Jörg Schilling or do you work
with the debian package? If you do not have the original, give it a try.
The homepage is "ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/". There you
find the actual version, which is *cdrtools-2.01.01a51.tar.bz2*. I don't
know why the package is in the alpha folder, because I don't think it's
alpha. You must compile it by yourself, but that's no problem. The only
problem in my opinion is that you install it and apt and dpkg knows
nothing. You can use "equivs" for making a pseudo package because of the
packages which depends on wodim.

Hth Michael

PS: This is no flame against wodim and pro cdrecord, but I think the OP
shall test it, because sometimes I read from problems with wodim.

--
Everybody should believe in something...
I believe I'll have another drink.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:38 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org