-   -   Heimdal Kerberos XDM and Login (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/170950-heimdal-kerberos-xdm-login.html)

"Jason C. Wells" 10-05-2008 04:31 AM

Heimdal Kerberos XDM and Login

Does anyone know of a package for kerberized login and XDM, preferably
heimdal? I wasn't able to scare one up.

Regards,
Jason C. Wells
(who has Debian on the desktop for the first time after many years with
FreeBSD)

"Kelly Clowers" 10-05-2008 06:03 AM

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Jason C. Wells <jcw@highperformance.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a package for kerberized login and XDM, preferably
> heimdal? I wasn't able to scare one up.
>
> Regards,
> Jason C. Wells
> (who has Debian on the desktop for the first time after many years with
> FreeBSD)

Login and xdm should use PAM, so as long as you have libpam-heimdal
and have setup PAM correctly, everything should work.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Richard A Nelson 10-06-2008 08:33 PM

Heimdal Kerberos XDM and Login

Does anyone know of a package for kerberized login and XDM, preferably
heimdal? I wasn't able to scare one up.

Login and xdm should use PAM, so as long as you have libpam-heimdal
and have setup PAM correctly, everything should work.

And indeed they do work just fine, thank you ... I'm using Heimdal at
work & home with Kerberos pwd for most all authentication.

--
Rick Nelson
RFC 882 put the dot in .com, not Sun Microsystems