FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Stephen Liu
 
Default Networking problem

Hi folks,


I have 6 dumUs on Xen running Debian Etch including dum0. Their
hostnames are;

dum0 - xen0.satimis.com
dumU1 - xen1.satimis.com
dumU2 - xen2.satimis.com
dumU3 - xen3.satimis.com IP - 192.168.0.113
etc.


xen3.satimis.com is a mail server. It can send mails but unable
receive mails because Internet can't find its address. Port 25 has
been forwarded to its IP already. Is there any way solving the problem
instead of renaming its hostname as satimis.com? Please advise. TIA


B.R.
Stephen L

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 PM
sreenivas desamsetti
 
Default Networking problem

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am using HP Proliant DL 145 G2 with AMD Opteron server with XUBUNTu-6.0-6 Linux OS.
It is giving internet problem after changing the mother board.
This server is in lan. Whenever I used to connect I cannot get dirctly
I have to change the back side port. then it gets connected.
For example today I connected to port1, after restartig/starting the machine
I have to change the port then its gets connected to internet/lan.

When I
check if config it is
showing

************************************************** *******************
mm5@node2:~$ ifconfig
eth2***** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr 00:17:A4:FF:77:B5
********* inet addr:192.168.1.80* Bcast:192.168.1.255*
Mask:255.255.255.0
********* inet6 addr: fe80::217:a4ff:feff:77b5/64 Scope:Link
********* UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST* MTU:1500* Metric:1
********* RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:6 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
********* RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)* TX bytes:492 (492.0 b)
********* Interrupt:233

eth3***** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr 00:17:A4:FF:77:B4
********* inet addr:192.168.1.80* Bcast:192.168.1.255*
Mask:255.255.255.0
********* inet6 addr: fe80::217:a4ff:feff:77b4/64 Scope:Link
********* UP BROADCAST MULTICAST* MTU:1500* Metric:1
********* RX packets:293 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
********* RX bytes:38783 (37.8 KiB)* TX bytes:620 (620.0 b)
********* Interrupt:50

lo******* Link encap:Local Loopback
********* inet addr:127.0.0.1* Mask:255.0.0.0
*********
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
********* UP LOOPBACK RUNNING* MTU:16436* Metric:1
********* RX packets:25 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:25 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
********* RX bytes:2040 (1.9 KiB)* TX bytes:2040 (1.9 KiB)
************************************************** *******************

But when I see the /etc/iftab file it shows

eth0 mac 00:13:21:b5:31:6f arp 1
eth1 mac 00:13:21:b5:31:70 arp 1
************************************************** *******************

How can I solve the problem
Please kindly suggest me to solve the problem
Thanking you
Sincerely
D.
Srinivas*Desamsetti Srinivas
Research Scholar
Department of Meteorology and Oceanography
Andhra University
Visakhapatnam - 530 003
91 9948530618 (M)
sreeds82@yahoo.com
sreeds82@rediffmail.com





--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 
Old 10-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Nils Kassube
 
Default Networking problem

sreenivas desamsetti wrote:
> I am using HP Proliant DL 145 G2 with AMD Opteron server with
> XUBUNTu-6.0-6 Linux OS. It is giving internet problem after changing
> the mother board. This server is in lan. Whenever I used to connect I
> cannot get dirctly I have to change the back side port. then it gets
> connected.

I remember you posted the same question to the Ubuntu-users list some time
ago. But you didn't reply to the questions I asked in that thread:
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2008-October/162450.html>
Therefore I suppose you aren't subscribed to Ubuntu-users or this list and
I cc this message to your address.


Nils

--
xubuntu-users mailing list
xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users
 
Old 12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
freeburn
 
Default Networking problem

I'm describing the scenario. plz help me with this.

In our office we have set up a private network. a central dhcp server
assigns private Ip's to all the Desktops. Now recently we are developing
an automated sms application. so we have made a wired connection with a
local operators smpp server. they gave us an ip and port that should be
used to get connectivity.

Now we want to use a machine which will be connected with the smpp
server and also connected with the office network for accessing our
remote content server(where our website is hosted). I have tried to use
two ethernate cards. but then the machine has two ip adresses one from
dhcp server of our office and another for smpp server.my networking
knowledge is zero. i know this question does not qualify for this
mailing list, but linux community was always helpful to me so i thought
they will help me out off the record


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 12-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Michael Mohn
 
Default Networking problem

Am 10.12.2009 um 15:22:17 schrieb freeburn:

> I'm describing the scenario. plz help me with this.
>
> In our office we have set up a private network. a central dhcp server
> assigns private Ip's to all the Desktops. Now recently we are developing
> an automated sms application. so we have made a wired connection with a
> local operators smpp server. they gave us an ip and port that should be
> used to get connectivity.
>
> Now we want to use a machine which will be connected with the smpp
> server and also connected with the office network for accessing our
> remote content server(where our website is hosted). I have tried to use
> two ethernate cards. but then the machine has two ip adresses one from
> dhcp server of our office and another for smpp server.my networking
> knowledge is zero. i know this question does not qualify for this
> mailing list, but linux community was always helpful to me so i thought
> they will help me out off the record
>

your approach with two ethernet-cards looks reasonable.
but you have to manage the routing on this particular machine.
if the ip-address the provider gave you is in a different subnet, you are set and ready to go.
if not, you have a problem which you can solve by either implementing complex routing or changing your internal addressspace.
if it does not work with the two interfaces, try debugging with ping/traceroute and look for problems.
maybe you should get in contact with local professionals to fix this issue.


bye,

Michael.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 AM
lee
 
Default Networking problem

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 09:22:17PM +0700, freeburn wrote:

> Now we want to use a machine which will be connected with the smpp
> server and also connected with the office network for accessing our
> remote content server(where our website is hosted). I have tried to use
> two ethernate cards. but then the machine has two ip adresses one from
> dhcp server of our office and another for smpp server.

That's good. It is possible to have several different IP addresses on
the same card, but imho it's better to avoid that.

> my networking knowledge is zero. i know this question does not
> qualify for this mailing list, but linux community was always
> helpful to me so i thought they will help me out off the record

Well, what is the question?

When you ask one, it'll probably be helpful to describe in more detail
how you're connected to the remote server and why a dedicated
connection is needed for that. Doesn't the office network have
internet access, or is the remote server not accessible over an
internet connection? What's the output of "ifconfig -a" and
"route -n"? Are you using a firewall?


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 10-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Ben McGinnes
 
Default networking problem

On 7/10/10 6:20 PM, Smith Erick Marume-Bahizire wrote:
> Hello
> Please I want help in centos server I can ping the gateway or
> my eth1 ip address but i cant browse from my server could you help
> me with the codes the codes that will enable network cause i've
> already configure my iptables and it's showing me that everything is
> ok. Please help Thank you.

Okay, firstly, when asking for help with a new issue, it is best to
start a new message rather than reply to a message on an unrelated
topic. Otherwise those of us using threaded mail clients (like Mutt
or Thunderbird) might overlook the query.

Secondly, we need a little detail about your current network
configuration and what you have tried.

Is it only browsing that is not working, or do other services not work
either?

Can you send through the output of:

route -n
cat /etc/resolv.conf


Regards,
Ben

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Steve Brooks
 
Default networking problem

At a guess looks like your DNS is down, or like the Ben suggests no
servers in your

/etc/resolve.conf


Steve

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Ben McGinnes wrote:

> On 7/10/10 6:20 PM, Smith Erick Marume-Bahizire wrote:
>> Hello
>> Please I want help in centos server I can ping the gateway or
>> my eth1 ip address but i cant browse from my server could you help
>> me with the codes the codes that will enable network cause i've
>> already configure my iptables and it's showing me that everything is
>> ok. Please help Thank you.
>
> Okay, firstly, when asking for help with a new issue, it is best to
> start a new message rather than reply to a message on an unrelated
> topic. Otherwise those of us using threaded mail clients (like Mutt
> or Thunderbird) might overlook the query.
>
> Secondly, we need a little detail about your current network
> configuration and what you have tried.
>
> Is it only browsing that is not working, or do other services not work
> either?
>
> Can you send through the output of:
>
> route -n
> cat /etc/resolv.conf
>
>
> Regards,
> Ben
>
>
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 05-14-2011, 01:36 PM
JD
 
Default Networking problem

On my F14, I am running a firewall that accepts specific connection on
specific ports from some machines on the LAN.

However, for one machine I made a general rule to accept all connections:

-A INPUT -s 192.168.1.60 -j ACCEPT

After restarting the firewall,

I still am unable to ping that machine and it is unable to ping me.
That machine is not running a firewall.

I can ping the router and another machine I have on the LAN.
The machine at 192.168.1.60 can do the same.

What else do I need to do to be able to talk to machine 192.168.1.60
and it to my fedora machine?

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 05-14-2011, 02:27 PM
JD
 
Default Networking problem

On 05/14/11 08:16, Pittigher, Raymond - ES wrote:
> Where in the chain did you put the rule?
> -
>
> From: users-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org [users-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of JD [jd1008@gmail.com]
> Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2011 9:36 AM
> To: Community support for Fedora users
> Subject: Networking problem
>
> On my F14, I am running a firewall that accepts specific connection on
> specific ports from some machines on the LAN.
>
> However, for one machine I made a general rule to accept all connections:
>
> -A INPUT -s 192.168.1.60 -j ACCEPT
>
> After restarting the firewall,
>
> I still am unable to ping that machine and it is unable to ping me.
> That machine is not running a firewall.
>
> I can ping the router and another machine I have on the LAN.
> The machine at 192.168.1.60 can do the same.
>
> What else do I need to do to be able to talk to machine 192.168.1.60
> and it to my fedora machine?
>
> --
> users mailing list
> users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
> Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Well there are a few rules above it to accept connections from
some specific machines on the LAN.
The DROP and REJECT rules come several rules later.

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:05 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org