Old 10-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Robert Holtzman

Default Importing bookmark file

I'm trying to install my ubuntu firefox bookmark file into
2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-486 iceweasel. I copied it into /etc/iceweasel/profile
after renaming the original file. the problem is iceweasel is ignoring the
new file and still showing the bookmarks from the original, even though
it is renamed. The owner, group, and permissions are the same as the

original.

Tried importing using iceweasel's bookmarks->organize bookmarks->import->
bookmarks.html (from where I had it stashed...$HOME) with no luck.

If anyone has any advice, pointers, etc on how to proceed I would
appreciate hearing them.

--
Bob Holtzman
check the price of the beer"

Old 10-02-2008, 12:53 AM
"Mumia W.."

I'm trying to install my ubuntu firefox bookmark file into
2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-486 iceweasel. I copied it into
/etc/iceweasel/profile after renaming the original file. the problem is
iceweasel is ignoring the
new file and still showing the bookmarks from the original, even though
it is renamed. The owner, group, and permissions are the same as the

original.

Tried importing using iceweasel's bookmarks->organize bookmarks->import->
bookmarks.html (from where I had it stashed...$HOME) with no luck.

If anyone has any advice, pointers, etc on how to proceed I would
appreciate hearing them.

I would think that the method you described above should work, but you
may have to move places.sqlite to another folder where Iceweasel can't
see it. Upon starting, Iceweasel should rebuild places.sqlite (the
Iceweasel 3.0 bookmarks file) using the data in bookmarks.html (the old
Iceweasel 2.0 bookmarks file).

If that doesn't work, look here for more information:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/ . The Firefox section may help you.