Old 10-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Default xorg: -isolatedevice always fails: multiseat impossible

Hi,

It's official:no more Debian multiseat:

Only with a backleveled Sid like I have now (xorg 1:7.2-5) or with Etch
can you have a multiseater.

With recent xorg's you always get:

Fatal server error:
Bus types other than PCI not yet isolable

I'll report developments.

Hugo

Old 10-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi,

It's official:no more Debian multiseat:

Only with a backleveled Sid like I have now (xorg 1:7.2-5) or with Etch
can you have a multiseater.

With recent xorg's you always get:

Fatal server error:
Bus types other than PCI not yet isolable

I immediately had an answer from Julien Cristeau: don't put quotes
around the isolateDevice parm!

That's it! I've put them in since time immemorial, apparently they are
no longer needed.

Closed the bug.

Got a 2-seater again.

Hugo