Old 10-01-2008, 11:15 AM
"Mag Gam"

Default updatedb for very large filesystems

I was wondering if its possible to run updatedb on a very large
filesystem (6 TB). Has anyone done this before? I plan on running this
on a weekly basis, but I was wondering if updatedb was faster than a
simple 'find'. Are there any optimizations in 'updatedb' ?

TIA