FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-01-2008, 04:51 AM
David Clymer
 
Default Maintainer change?

network-manager-openvpn seems to be maintained by ubuntu, and the
contact for the debian pacckage is soren@ubuntu.com. However, I've
gotten no response to my bug-report + patch that I filed against it back
in may.

When I looked at the package in launchpad, it seemed that
soren@ubuntu.com is no longer the active maintainer of the package. Is
my only option now to file bugs against the ubuntu package rather than
the debian one? What can a user do when a package seems to be orphaned?

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg
 
Old 10-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Florian Kulzer
 
Default Maintainer change?

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 00:51:26 -0400, David Clymer wrote:
> network-manager-openvpn seems to be maintained by ubuntu, and the
> contact for the debian pacckage is soren AT ubuntu DOT com. However, I've
> gotten no response to my bug-report + patch that I filed against it back
> in may.
>
> When I looked at the package in launchpad, it seemed that
> soren AT ubuntu DOT com is no longer the active maintainer of the package. Is
> my only option now to file bugs against the ubuntu package rather than
> the debian one? What can a user do when a package seems to be orphaned?

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/beyond-pkging.html#mia-qa

--
Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
Florian |


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 10-01-2008, 12:06 PM
David Clymer
 
Default Maintainer change?

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 10:04 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 00:51:26 -0400, David Clymer wrote:
> > network-manager-openvpn seems to be maintained by ubuntu, and the
> > contact for the debian pacckage is soren AT ubuntu DOT com. However, I've
> > gotten no response to my bug-report + patch that I filed against it back
> > in may.
> >
> > When I looked at the package in launchpad, it seemed that
> > soren AT ubuntu DOT com is no longer the active maintainer of the package. Is
> > my only option now to file bugs against the ubuntu package rather than
> > the debian one? What can a user do when a package seems to be orphaned?
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/beyond-pkging.html#mia-qa

As far as I can tell, there is no package named mia-query or any package
which contains such a file. Additionally, the document refers
to /org/qa.debian.org/mia, which as far as I can tell, is not available
via the website. I assume that it must be available only to those with a
logon to qa.debian.org.

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg
 
Old 10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
 
Default Maintainer change?

David Clymer wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 10:04 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 00:51:26 -0400, David Clymer wrote:
>> > network-manager-openvpn seems to be maintained by ubuntu, and the
>> > contact for the debian pacckage is soren AT ubuntu DOT com. However,
>> > I've gotten no response to my bug-report + patch that I filed against
>> > it back in may.
>> >
>> > When I looked at the package in launchpad, it seemed that
>> > soren AT ubuntu DOT com is no longer the active maintainer of the
>> > package. Is my only option now to file bugs against the ubuntu package
>> > rather than the debian one? What can a user do when a package seems to
>> > be orphaned?
>>
>>
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/beyond-pkging.html#mia-qa
>
> As far as I can tell, there is no package named mia-query or any package
> which contains such a file. Additionally, the document refers
> to /org/qa.debian.org/mia, which as far as I can tell, is not available
> via the website. I assume that it must be available only to those with a
> logon to qa.debian.org.
>
> -davidc
>

AFAIK, The MIA database is available only for DDs. So may be you can ask one
of the people on debian-qa (http://qa.debian.org/) mailing list about the
maintainer.

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:40 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org