Old 09-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Martin Kraus

Default debian lenny, xen 3.2 doesn't work, 3.0 works quite well

hi. I've installed debian lenny on an ibm series x3400 server. xen 3.0
hypervisor with etch xen dom0 images works, 3.2 and 3.3 hypervisors die with
something like "cannot access memory beyond the end of bootstrap area". Those
xen hypervisors boot on different hardware.
the ibm hardware works quite well so I suspect it is some problem with new
features with 3.2+ xen hypervisors.
would anyone have any idea how to overcome this problem? or at least what the
problem could be? Uncle google is silent about the xen error message except
for one other similar problem but no solution.

thanks
mk