Old 09-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Peter Van Biesen

Default Debian testing + xen 3.2.1 + dom0 kernel 2.6.18 + clvm 2.x -> impossible ?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a dom0 starting from a debian testing installation. I installed testing, then installed the 2.6.18 kernel from stable and the hypervisor from testing. After a reboot xen is now up and running. I now want to use clvm. So I install redhat-cluster-suite and clvm. This installs the kernel modules for the 2.6.26 and the 2.6.18 kernel. However, the modules for the 2.6.18 kernel are version 1.3x, while for the 2.6.26 kernel are 2.x . Needless to say, cman will not start.

I then tried to compile de kernel module for my 2.6.18 kernel from source using the module-assistant. This fails on lm_interface.h, which is not in the 2.6.18 source tree.

Is it really impossible to run clvm 2.x on a dom0 ? Or am i missing something ? Has anybody used clvm with xen ?

Kindest regards,

Peter.
--
Peter Van Biesen