Old 09-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Joseph Neal

Default can I restore a mysql databse with just a backup of /var/lib/mysql?

Hi All

My host managed to kill my virtual server while migrating it from one machine
to another. They were able to give me the up to date contents of /var /etc
and /home and a new server with a fresh etch install on it. Will it work
if I just copy over the contents of /var/lib/mySQL?

I've been lax on making SQL dumps so I stand to lose a few weeks of data if I
can't make this work