-   -   thunderbird times out with attachments (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/168190-thunderbird-times-out-attachments.html)

Paul Cartwright 09-29-2008 05:45 PM

thunderbird times out with attachments

lately, when I receive an email that has an attachment, like a large
JPG or movie, or powerpoint... when I click on the message,
thunderbird just locks up. Sometimes I get a message about a script,
wait or force quit.. the latest was a 5Mb attachment that was a large
JPG. I could SAVE-AS *.eml, then read the text and see the mime-text
of the jpeg, but I couldn't click on it and read it. Finally the 3rd
time I restarted thunderbird & clicked on that message, the message &
inline jpg picture showed up.

Why is thunderbird timing out?? htop is showing thunderbird using
about 66% processor ( dual core).

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Ron Johnson 09-29-2008 08:11 PM

thunderbird times out with attachments

lately, when I receive an email that has an attachment, like a large
JPG or movie, or powerpoint... when I click on the message,
thunderbird just locks up. Sometimes I get a message about a script,
wait or force quit.. the latest was a 5Mb attachment that was a large
JPG. I could SAVE-AS *.eml, then read the text and see the mime-text
of the jpeg, but I couldn't click on it and read it. Finally the 3rd
time I restarted thunderbird & clicked on that message, the message &
inline jpg picture showed up.

Why is thunderbird timing out?? htop is showing thunderbird using
about 66% processor ( dual core).

Memory issues?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.