Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM
"Joost Kraaijeveld"

Default Howto sign e-mail using PGP (Debian Lennyy Evolution2.22.3.1)?

Hi,

I am trying to find out how signing email works using Evolution on
Debian Lenny. I created a PGP key, exported it to the key servers, where
it arrived (at least that is what
I suspect):

e.g.

gpg --recv-keys 673C3196
gpg: requesting key 673C3196 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpg: key 673C3196: "Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl>" not
changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: unchanged: 1

But whenever I send an email to *myself* (through a MS Exchange 2000
server) using "PGP sign" Evolution says "Invalid signature". Mail from
other people seem to work correctly: in the end (after some clicking) I
get "valid signature".

Can anyone give me a clue how to get this working ?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

Old 09-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Celejar

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:09:24 +0200
"Joost Kraaijeveld" <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> wrote:

> But whenever I send an email to *myself* (through a MS Exchange 2000
> server) using "PGP sign" Evolution says "Invalid signature". Mail from
> other people seem to work correctly: in the end (after some clicking) I
> get "valid signature".

Does signing work properly when the mail isn't passing through MS
Exchange? E.g., if you have a local MTA installed on the system, try
sending mail to yourself without the mail leaving the box, and see if
it works, or try using a free mail provider.

> Joost Kraaijeveld

Celejar