Old 09-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Kruti

Default how to install package using apt-get in folder other than /usr

Hi..
Can someone help me regarding how to install a package in any user defined
folder other than /usr using apt-get?

Old 09-29-2008, 04:28 PM
"Mumia W.."

On 09/29/2008 10:07 AM, Kruti wrote:

Hi..
Can someone help me regarding how to install a package in any user defined
folder other than /usr using apt-get?

I don't think this is possible. You can however download the file using
wget and install the .deb using dpkg-deb. Why do you want to do this?