Old 09-28-2008, 05:13 PM
"jmdennis @dslextreme.com"

Default Synaptic errors

This shows up when I use Synaptic but also when I do the apt-get
update.* I also get this error when I use the main server instead of
the one for my area.* If I add the non-free repositories I get about 4
more lines of errors for those.

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/updates/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz: 404 Not Found [IP: 128.30.2.36 80]

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/updates/main/source/Sources.gz: 404 Not Found [IP: 128.30.2.36 80]

I then get this error when I click close on the first set of errors.

W: Conflicting distribution: http://ftp.us.debian.org lenny-proposed-updates Release (expected lenny-proposed-updates but got testing-proposed-updates)

Below is the listing from my /etc/apt/sources.list.

#
# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Lenny_ - Official Snapshot amd64 NETINST$

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Lenny_ - Official Snapshot amd64 NETINST$

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny-proposed-updates main