Old 09-28-2008, 01:02 AM
Chris Burkhardt

Default Consultation on Linux for CD

mauricio fernando gallo wrote:
> By this i am addressing you on request information on Linux.
> I download the version "livecd" page and record directly in the CD, you
> can start my computer for the same. Once recorded, restart my machine
> and you are incie by the compactera. Which had no positive outcome,
> start with Windows and not with Linux.
> Do you may indicate as to start with Linux? do i made some step wrong?
> Of course thank you

The Debian-User-Spanish list might be a good resource:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-spanish/

- Chris

Old 09-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi

Chris Burkhardt wrote:

> mauricio fernando gallo wrote:
>> By this i am addressing you on request information on Linux.
>> I download the version "livecd" page and record directly in the CD, you
>> can start my computer for the same. Once recorded, restart my machine
>> and you are incie by the compactera. Which had no positive outcome,
>> start with Windows and not with Linux.
>> Do you may indicate as to start with Linux? do i made some step wrong?
>> Of course thank you
>
> The Debian-User-Spanish list might be a good resource:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-spanish/

>From the OP's mail, I guessed that he is a non-native speaker. But how did
you deduce that he could be more fluent in Spanish? Is there a technical
reason behind this (like IP address where email originates, sentence
construction, name of the OP) or is it just a wild guess?

Just curious
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Old 09-28-2008, 01:28 AM
"Felipe Gallois"

Chris Burkhardt wrote:

> mauricio fernando gallo wrote:

>> *By this i am addressing you on request information on Linux.

>> *I download the version "livecd" page and record directly in the CD, you

>> can start my computer for the same. Once recorded, restart my machine

>> and you are incie by the compactera. Which had no positive outcome,

>> start with Windows and not with Linux.

>> *Do you may indicate as to start with Linux? do i made some step wrong?

>> *Of course thank you

> The Debian-User-Spanish list might be a good resource:

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-spanish/

>From the OP's mail, I guessed that he is a non-native speaker. But how did

you deduce that he could be more fluent in Spanish? Is there a technical

reason behind this (like IP address where email originates, sentence

construction, name of the OP) or is it just a wild guess?

Just curious

raju

--

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi

http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

the signature =]
--
gallois
aka Felipe Gallois

fanglib homepage: www.gallois.com.br/fanglib

Old 09-28-2008, 02:38 AM
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi

Felipe Gallois wrote:

>> >From the OP's mail, I guessed that he is a non-native speaker. But how
>> >did
>> you deduce that he could be more fluent in Spanish? Is there a technical
>> reason behind this (like IP address where email originates, sentence
>> construction, name of the OP) or is it just a wild guess?
>>
>> Just curious
>> raju
>> --

> the signature =]

aha! Thanks for the enlightenment!

raju

Old 09-28-2008, 04:53 AM
Chris Burkhardt

Felipe Gallois wrote:
> the signature =]

... which I think is actually an ad appended by hotmail. But, yes, that's what I
based it on. I hope it wasn't too presumptive

- Chris B

Old 09-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Sat,27.Sep.08, 22:53:51, Chris Burkhardt wrote:
> Felipe Gallois wrote:
> > the signature =]
>
> ... which I think is actually an ad appended by hotmail. But, yes, that's what I
> based it on. I hope it wasn't too presumptive

I think it was. The language in .br is Portuguese.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 09-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Nyizsnyik Ferenc

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:02:48 +0300
Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat,27.Sep.08, 22:53:51, Chris Burkhardt wrote:
> > Felipe Gallois wrote:
> > > the signature =]
> >
> > ... which I think is actually an ad appended by hotmail. But, yes,
> > that's what I based it on. I hope it wasn't too presumptive
>
> I think it was. The language in .br is Portuguese.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Based on the X-Originating-IP, he is from Argentina, and the official
language there is Spanish, so the assumption was correct.

--
Nyizsa.
http://nyizsa.uni.cc

Old 09-29-2008, 01:22 AM
consultores1

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 22:53 -0600, Chris Burkhardt wrote:
> Felipe Gallois wrote:
> > the signature =]
>
> ... which I think is actually an ad appended by hotmail. But, yes, that's what I
> based it on. I hope it wasn't too presumptive
>
> - Chris B

Yes, it was; he speaks Brazilian! i think so, but the point is what
according with my understanding that one must write in English; nothing
about Old English or its dialects.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Chris Burkhardt

consultores1 wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 22:53 -0600, Chris Burkhardt wrote:
>> Felipe Gallois wrote:
>>> the signature =]
>> ... which I think is actually an ad appended by hotmail. But, yes, that's what I
>> based it on. I hope it wasn't too presumptive
>>
>> - Chris B
>
> Yes, it was; he speaks Brazilian!

You are the second person to say that. And almost every time I say something
like "I hope it's not too presumptive"... it is.

Still, the text at the bottom of the OP's messsage looks like Spanish to me, it
links to the es-ar (Spanish, Argentina) localization of the Microsoft page, and
seems to have been sent from an Argentinian ISP.

But I guess it's possible that a Brazilian could send an email while in
Argentina. It's probably been done before.

Anyway, we've got a list for that too!

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-portuguese/

- Chris B

Old 09-29-2008, 04:06 PM
"Felipe Gallois"

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 13:01, Chris Burkhardt <chris@mretc.net> wrote:

consultores1 wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 22:53 -0600, Chris Burkhardt wrote:

>> Felipe Gallois wrote:

>>> the signature =]

>> ... which I think is actually an ad appended by hotmail. But, yes, that's what I

>> *based it on. I hope it wasn't too presumptive

>> - Chris B

> Yes, it was; he speaks Brazilian!

You are the second person to say that. And almost every time I say something

like "I hope it's not too presumptive"... it is.

Still, the text at the bottom of the OP's messsage looks like Spanish to me, it

links to the es-ar (Spanish, Argentina) localization of the Microsoft page, and

seems to have been sent from an Argentinian ISP.

But I guess it's possible that a Brazilian could send an email while in

Argentina. It's probably been done before.

Anyway, we've got a list for that too!

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-portuguese/

- Chris B

hi

he mauricio speaks castellano (spanish) and i, portuguese (there is no brazilian language, sorry

i answered him directly, just to keep different languages out of the list

cheers