Old 09-26-2008, 07:47 PM
"Brian McKee"

Default removing inaccurate LVM info

I have a working installation of linux that was running LVM but when I
restored from backup I changed to regular partitions and UUID.

The LVM info still shows up if you do a pvdisplay or vgdisplay etc.
even though it's not actually there anymore.

==> sudo vgscan
Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
Found volume group "VOLUME-GROUP-1" using metadata type lvm2

==> sudo fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 40.0 GB, 40020664320 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 4865 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xbfc1bfc1

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 1 9 72261 83 Linux
/dev/sda2 * 10 41 257040 83 Linux
/dev/sda3 42 4865 38748780 5 Extended
/dev/sda5 42 172 1052226 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda6 173 2721 20474811 83 Linux
/dev/sda7 2722 4865 17221648+ 83 Linux

How can I remove that LVM metadata without mucking up the regular,
working, in use, disk partitons ?

Brian