Old 09-26-2008, 03:42 AM
Daniel Dickinson

Default AGPL discussion on debian-legal; opponents who aren't fringe should participate

Hi,

I just thought I'd drop a note suggesting that users like Steve Lamb
(because he replied when I said that I thought the AGPL was free not
not-free in response to a message), who oppose the AGPL but are not
free software fanatics with arguments that are ludicrous and not just
different than what my own was, should participate in the the
debian-legal discussion on whether the AGPL is non-free because at
present the AGPL supporters come off sounding reasonable (that where I
first heard of the AGPL and a large part of why felt the AGPL was
reasonably free, when I have since changed my mind on that topic, in
part because of arguments by Steve Lamb and others on this list about
the freeness of the AGPL).

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day. Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something. -- Michael Devore