FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-25-2008, 01:44 PM
"abdelkader belahcene"
 
Default How to activate sound recorder

Hi,
I have a problem for recording on sidux , while no problem on debian lenny!!!
listening is correct, but no thing is recorded.
my laptop is compaq with sound device: audio controller : 82801G* Familly ICH7


I used for example audacity to check, it read files but no recording!!

the question is :
What to do to active the microphone, from terminal or volume control ?

thanks for help
 
Old 09-25-2008, 03:07 PM
"Jeff Soules"
 
Default How to activate sound recorder

How is your sound set up? Are you using ALSA? Have you checked the
mixer settings? (You would need both the "microphone" setting turned
up, and also the "capture" setting.) If you blow in the microphone,
do you get any sound coming through the speakers? (I assume you've
confirmed that the microphone works.)

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:44 AM, abdelkader belahcene
<abelahcene@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem for recording on sidux , while no problem on debian
> lenny!!!
> listening is correct, but no thing is recorded.
> my laptop is compaq with sound device: audio controller : 82801G Familly
> ICH7
>
> I used for example audacity to check, it read files but no recording!!
>
> the question is :
> What to do to active the microphone, from terminal or volume control ?
>
> thanks for help


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 09-26-2008, 09:49 AM
"abdelkader belahcene"
 
Default How to activate sound recorder

Hi,
thanks for reply,
I did same config as in debian lenny, on sidux the interface is xfce, so the volume mixer is not presented in the same way, I want to configure it manually. I want to use for example arecord and aplay , How to activate the microphone, or may be to detect it ??


thanks a lot
bela
 
Old 09-26-2008, 12:18 PM
"Felipe Gallois"
 
Default How to activate sound recorder

do you have alsamixer installed?
if not,
# apt-get install alsa-utils
and then follow the instructions of the last mail i sent! =]

cheers!

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 06:49, abdelkader belahcene <abelahcene@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
thanks for reply,
I did same config as in debian lenny, on sidux the interface is xfce, so the volume mixer is not presented in the same way, I want to configure it manually. I want to use for example arecord and aplay , How to activate the microphone, or may be to detect it ??



thanks a lot
bela



--
gallois
aka Felipe Gallois
website: www.gallois.com.br
blog: www.gallois.com.br/blog

fanglib homepage: www.gallois.com.br/fanglib
 
Old 09-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Johannes Wiedersich
 
Default How to activate sound recorder

On 2008-09-26 14:18, Felipe Gallois wrote:
> and then follow the instructions of the last mail i sent! =]

I can't see any 'last mail of you' with instructions about sound?

Could you share this with the list?

Thanks,

Johannes
 
Old 09-26-2008, 02:24 PM
"Felipe Gallois"
 
Default How to activate sound recorder

my bad... didn't reply to all

i generally use alsamixer from terminal
[tab] to the capture view and then check if the volume is ok!

that's it


On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:55, Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:

On 2008-09-26 14:18, Felipe Gallois wrote:

> and then follow the instructions of the last mail i sent! =]



I can't see any 'last mail of you' with instructions about sound?



Could you share this with the list?



Thanks,



Johannes





--
gallois
aka Felipe Gallois
website: www.gallois.com.br
blog: www.gallois.com.br/blog

fanglib homepage: www.gallois.com.br/fanglib
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:50 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org