Old 09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Tim Edwards

Default preseed install using the business card CD

I'm trying to do a preseeded install using the business card cd from
http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/
The preseed file points the installer to a local package repository
available over http.
However after booting off the CD I keep getting the message that the CD
is not a debian CD "cdrom-detect: The available CD is not a Debian CD!"
in syslog. Why would this be?

I've modified the isolinux.cfg file on the CD to have the following:
LABEL install
kernel /install.386/vmlinuz
append initrd=/install.386/initrd.gz priority=critical
locale=de_DE console-setup/layoutcode=de_DE netcfg/wireless_wep=
netcfg/choose_interface=eth0 netcfg/get_hostname=localhost
DEBCONF_DEBUG=5 url=KICKSTARTFILEURL --

(obviosuly sub the real URL for KICKSTARTFILEURL)

Anyone have any ideas why this is not being seen as a Debian CD or why
it hasn't just gone of to the network repos?

Thanks

Tim

Old 09-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Tim Edwards

Tim Edwards wrote:

[...]

Found the problem, I forgot to copy the .disk subdirectory from the CD
image into my customised copy