-   -   cmake and Scribus 1.3.5 on Debian testing (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/165313-cmake-scribus-1-3-5-debian-testing.html)

Florian Kulzer 09-24-2008 08:08 AM

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 17:23:41 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 09/23/08 17:08, John Culleton wrote:

[...]

[...]

> You need to add the unstable repository into your sources.list, and
> then:
> # apt-get install scribus-ng/unstable

If you want to make sure that the rest of your system stays at "testing"
when you do the next update/upgrade then you can use this configuration
option:

APT::Default-Release "testing";

See "man apt_preferences" for details.

I just checked the bug database and packages.qa: There are no serious
open bugs against the unstable version of scribus-ng; the only reason
that this version has not entered testing seems to be that the package
does not build on arm and armel. I think it will work fine on i386 or
amd64 testing systems. (I did not notice any problems with it on
Sid/amd64, but I have to admit that I have not used it very often in the
past few months.)

Florian |

John Culleton 09-24-2008 07:34 PM

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 12:02:22 am Mumia W.. wrote:

> The typical incantation for preparing to build from the source
> suggests this:
>
> apt-get install build-essential
> apt-get build-dep scribus
>
> That should bring in all of the build dependencies for scribus.
> Read "man apt-get" and search for the build-dep command.

This assumes of course that build-dep will deliver the correct
dependencies for the correct version. I got dependencies for some
older versions of Scribus. That is not the problem. I need the
dependencies for the subversion version, specifically 1.3.5.

I figure that at the root of the problem is cmake itself. I tells you
what statement blew up, not which file is missing. I'll raise this
issue with the maintianers of Scribus.

--
John Culleton

John Culleton 09-24-2008 08:37 PM

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 03:34:48 pm John Culleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 September 2008 12:02:22 am Mumia W.. wrote:
> > The typical incantation for preparing to build from the source
> > suggests this:
> >
> > apt-get install build-essential
> > apt-get build-dep scribus

Happy to announce that a compiled version has appeared on Debian
testing so now I don't have to fight cmake any longer. Thanks to all
who helped.

--
John Culleton