-   -   japanese input? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/165264-japanese-input.html)

Dexter Filmore 09-24-2008 05:34 AM

japanese input?

etch or lenny, doesn't matter, any will do.

Need japanese input on both gtk2 and qt apps.
Possibly mouse input, i.e. draw signs -> the get instant-ocr'ed.

What are my options here?

Dex

--

http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de

Jan Willem Stumpel 09-24-2008 11:15 AM

japanese input?

Dexter Filmore wrote:
> etch or lenny, doesn't matter, any will do.
>
> Need japanese input on both gtk2 and qt apps.
> Possibly mouse input, i.e. draw signs -> the get instant-ocr'ed.
>
> What are my options here?

If you have a utf-8 system (i.e. the output of the "locale"
command shows UTF-8 suffixes) you could use, e.g., uim or scim.

Instructions here:

http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/stestu.html#T6.4

I use uim myself. The uim menu offers a "handwriting input pad",
but it doesn't seem to be implemented in Debian. So you just
have to use the "Japanese word processor method": type toukyou,
press space, get 東京.

Regards, Jan