Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 AM
Jeff Grossman

Default Links2

I am running Debian Testing. I currently have Links installed, but
noticed there is a Links2. I only run my machine as a server so I do
not have any X11 applications installed. When I try to install Links2
it wants to install a bunch of X11 stuff because Links can be run as a
graphic web browser. Is there anyway I can install Links2 without all
of the X11 stuff?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 11-18-2007, 03:46 AM
Ron Johnson

Old 11-18-2007, 04:56 AM
Jeff Grossman

Ron Johnson wrote:

I am running Debian Testing. I currently have Links installed, but
noticed there is a Links2. I only run my machine as a server so I do
not have any X11 applications installed. When I try to install Links2
it wants to install a bunch of X11 stuff because Links can be run as a
graphic web browser. Is there anyway I can install Links2 without all
of the X11 stuff?

It should "only" install libx11-6 and it's dependencies libxau6,
libxdmcp6, x11-common, libx11-data.

Can you live with that?

Otherwise, file a bug against links2 asking that the X code be split
into a separate package. (Many will thank you.) Or install elinks.

Thanks for the information. I have installed elinks and filed a bug
against Links2.

Jeff