Old 09-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Nhadie

Default backup system to ISO image

Hi,

Is there a tool i can use to fully backup a system to an ISO image and
preserve all files?
So that if ever something happens to any of my server, i can simply
reinstall from the ISO image, no need for me to do reconfiguration on
the services running on it.

thank you

regards,
nhadie

Old 09-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Nhadie escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a tool i can use to fully backup a system to an ISO image and
> preserve all files?
> So that if ever something happens to any of my server, i can simply
> reinstall from the ISO image, no need for me to do reconfiguration on
> the services running on it.

Yes, search for clonezilla.

--
Eduardo M Kalinowski
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br

Old 09-23-2008, 04:48 PM
"thveillon.debian"

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI a écrit :

Nhadie escreveu:

Hi,

Is there a tool i can use to fully backup a system to an ISO image and
preserve all files?
So that if ever something happens to any of my server, i can simply
reinstall from the ISO image, no need for me to do reconfiguration on
the services running on it.

Yes, search for clonezilla.

I think MondoRescue can do that too. The first disk created can be
bootable, and from there it's easy to restore the other disk images made
with Mondo.

Tom

Old 09-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Paulo Silva