-   -   backup system to ISO image (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/164909-backup-system-iso-image.html)

Nhadie 09-23-2008 04:22 PM

backup system to ISO image

Hi,

Is there a tool i can use to fully backup a system to an ISO image and
preserve all files?
So that if ever something happens to any of my server, i can simply
reinstall from the ISO image, no need for me to do reconfiguration on
the services running on it.

thank you

regards,
nhadie

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI 09-23-2008 04:33 PM

backup system to ISO image

Nhadie escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a tool i can use to fully backup a system to an ISO image and
> preserve all files?
> So that if ever something happens to any of my server, i can simply
> reinstall from the ISO image, no need for me to do reconfiguration on
> the services running on it.

Yes, search for clonezilla.

--
Eduardo M Kalinowski
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br

"thveillon.debian" 09-23-2008 04:48 PM

backup system to ISO image

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI a écrit :

Nhadie escreveu:

Hi,

Is there a tool i can use to fully backup a system to an ISO image and
preserve all files?
So that if ever something happens to any of my server, i can simply
reinstall from the ISO image, no need for me to do reconfiguration on
the services running on it.

Yes, search for clonezilla.

I think MondoRescue can do that too. The first disk created can be
bootable, and from there it's easy to restore the other disk images made
with Mondo.

Tom

Paulo Silva 09-25-2008 07:10 AM

backup system to ISO image