Old 09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Shawn Beasley

Default Choppy video when compiz is active.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Ron Johnson

On 09/23/08 08:31, Shawn Beasley wrote:

Your reply was empty...

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

hook beneath it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-24-2008, 06:41 AM
Digital Ninja

Hi Ron,

> On 09/23/08 02:31, Digital Ninja wrote:
>> Dear List,
>>
>> I have a problem, where I am not sure if I am missing a module, or have
>> an xorg.conf issue. I am using an Radeon X1400 video card in my laptop
>> (Lenovo R60) I have compiz up and running, and seem to have no other
>> issues. When I start a video while compiz is running, then the video is
>> very choppy. During cube rotate or when moving the normalized window,
>> the video blinks and is almost full screen. I have tried to submit this
>> question to the xorg list, but am having technical difficulties getting
>> my mail posted.
>>
>> Here is some info, that I hope will be helpful in finding the error.
> [snip]
>> Section "Device"
>> Identifier "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
>> Driver "fglrx"
>> BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
>> EndSection
> [snip]
>>
>> And the last bit of info baffles me every time.
>>

>> ~$ glxinfo | grep -i direct
>> direct rendering: No (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT set)

I have upgraded to the Catalyst 8.9, and now direct rendering is working
again, but still choppy video. Can I provide you with more information
to help? Were you refering to the kernel module (fglrx) or something in
my xorg.conf. Thanks for your help.

--
--Shawn

Computers are like air conditioniers, they function until you open windows.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Ron Johnson

[...]

The kernel module.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Digital Ninja

Hello List,

Digital Ninja wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I have a problem, where I am not sure if I am missing a module, or have
> an xorg.conf issue. I am using an Radeon X1400 video card in my laptop
> (Lenovo R60) I have compiz up and running, and seem to have no other
> issues. When I start a video while compiz is running, then the video is
> very choppy. During cube rotate or when moving the normalized window,
> the video blinks and is almost full screen. I have tried to submit this
> question to the xorg list, but am having technical difficulties getting
> my mail posted.
>
> Here is some info, that I hope will be helpful in finding the error.
[...]

Still no takers? Is any one using compiz in combination with an ATI
card, who does not have problems with choppy video when compiz is
running? I would be happy for any information that I can get.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:32 AM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

Digital Ninja a écrit :

Hello List,

Digital Ninja wrote:

Dear List,

I have a problem, where I am not sure if I am missing a module, or have
an xorg.conf issue. I am using an Radeon X1400 video card in my laptop
(Lenovo R60) I have compiz up and running, and seem to have no other
issues. When I start a video while compiz is running, then the video is
very choppy. During cube rotate or when moving the normalized window,
the video blinks and is almost full screen. I have tried to submit this
question to the xorg list, but am having technical difficulties getting
my mail posted.

Here is some info, that I hope will be helpful in finding the error.

[...]

Still no takers? Is any one using compiz in combination with an ATI
card, who does not have problems with choppy video when compiz is
running? I would be happy for any information that I can get.

Hi, try to play a video with Mplayer with "mplayer -vo gl myfilm.mpeg" ,
if it works without the choppiness it means you have to change your
settings regarding the output module of your video player for OpenGl.

If already using using OpenGl try Xv instead.

You can also experiment with the option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
in the device section of your xorg.conf file.

Just to get you started.

Tom