Old 09-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Default convert odt to pdf via the command line

I have a bunch of .odt files that I want to convert to pdf. Is there any
tool that can do it? apt-cache search did not show anything helpful nor
did google.

Last time I needed this, I ended up adding a pdf printer and printing
the documents to that printer using the -pt option of oowriter.

However, it is not very reliable, since the command returns immediately
and the pdf is available only after some time. Makes it tricky to write
a script that has to use the generated pdf.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
Raj Kiran

Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM
François Cerbelle

Le Mar 23 septembre 2008 14:59, Raj Kiran Grandhi a écrit :
> I have a bunch of .odt files that I want to convert to pdf. Is there any
> tool that can do it? apt-cache search did not show anything helpful nor
> did google.
Strange, I should have a different question when asking Google :
batch export openoffice pdf

[...]
> Any pointers will be helpful.
And my friend Google gave me this link that should help you :
http://www.oooninja.com/2008/02/batch-command-line-file-conversion-with.html

;-)
Have a nice day

Fanfan
--
http://www.cerbelle.net - http://www.afdm-idf.org

Old 09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Raj Kiran Grandhi

François Cerbelle wrote:

Le Mar 23 septembre 2008 14:59, Raj Kiran Grandhi a écrit :

I have a bunch of .odt files that I want to convert to pdf. Is there any
tool that can do it? apt-cache search did not show anything helpful nor
did google.

Strange, I should have a different question when asking Google :
batch export openoffice pdf

[...]

Any pointers will be helpful.

And my friend Google gave me this link that should help you :
http://www.oooninja.com/2008/02/batch-command-line-file-conversion-with.html

Works great! Thanks.

;-)
Have a nice day

Fanfan

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 AM
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Roberto D'Oliveira wrote:

2008/9/24 Raj Kiran Grandhi <grajkiran@gmail.com>:

I have a bunch of .odt files that I want to convert to pdf. Is there any
tool that can do it? apt-cache search did not show anything helpful nor did
google.

Last time I needed this, I ended up adding a pdf printer and printing the
documents to that printer using the -pt option of oowriter.

However, it is not very reliable, since the command returns immediately and
the pdf is available only after some time. Makes it tricky to write a script
that has to use the generated pdf.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
Raj Kiran

I'm using unoconv for this work.

Unfortunately for me, unoconv is only available on lenny and later. For
etch, the script pointed out by François Cerbelle does a fairly good job.

Thank you.
Raj Kiran Grandhi