-   -   debian-user-digest Digest V2008 #1737 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/164727-debian-user-digest-digest-v2008-1737-a.html)

"Mridul Manohar Mishra" 09-23-2008 10:00 AM

debian-user-digest Digest V2008 #1737

On 9/23/08, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org <debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org> wrote:

Andreas Ronnquist <andreas.ronnquist@meritkonsult.se>

I've had similar problems with my nVidia 7050/630a chipset and Etch. If I

used the the stock 2.6.18 kernel, the screen filled up with those "Sata

link is down, taking too much time to respond." messages during boottime.

I think I didn't even see a prompt because it took too long to get there.

After installing a newer kernel (2.6.22 in my case), the SATA problems were

gone.

I guess you just need a newer kernel.

Lenny comes with a new version of kernel 2.6.26, so I need to compile for even newer version?