Old 09-23-2008, 04:45 AM
Andreas Ronnquist

Default grub-pc problem

Hi!

Booting my computer I get the following error (nicely presented with
the grub background.)

syntax error
Incorrect Command
(Line 45-45)

Pressing enter (or any key) gets me further to the actual grub menu, and
from that point I get no errors or problems at all.

This is on an up-to-date Lenny install. - grub-pc version 1.96
+20080724-10 My /boot/grub/grub.cfg is attached. (Though the actual
error doesn't specify which file the error is in)

Does anyone know what might be the problem?
Help would be much appreciated.

--
Andreas Ronnquist <andreas.ronnquist@meritkonsult.se>

Old 09-23-2008, 05:36 AM
Mark Allums

Andreas Ronnquist wrote:

Hi!

Booting my computer I get the following error (nicely presented with
the grub background.)

syntax error
Incorrect Command
(Line 45-45)

Pressing enter (or any key) gets me further to the actual grub menu, and
from that point I get no errors or problems at all.

This is on an up-to-date Lenny install. - grub-pc version 1.96
+20080724-10 My /boot/grub/grub.cfg is attached. (Though the actual
error doesn't specify which file the error is in)

Does anyone know what might be the problem?
Help would be much appreciated.

There is an init script syntax error floating about. Are you getting that?

Mark Allums

Old 09-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Djingo Cacadril

Andreas Ronnquist <andreas.ronnquist@meritkonsult.se>

wrote on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:45:00 AM

>Booting my computer I get the following error (nicely presented with
>the grub background.)
>
> syntax error
> Incorrect Command
> (Line 45-45)
[snip]
>My /boot/grub/grub.cfg is attached. (Though the actual
>error doesn't specify which file the error is in)

Look at /boot/grub/menu.lst

This is the file containing the menu, and is loaded by grub during boot.
Your grub.cfg file is only used when menu.lst is rewritten after installing
a new kernel. I don't know grub.cfg format, but it has unbalanced braces.
There is an extra '}' character on line 82.

Regards

Old 09-23-2008, 06:23 AM
Andreas Ronnquist

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 23:11:57 -0700 (PDT)
Djingo Cacadril <cacadril@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Look at /boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> This is the file containing the menu, and is loaded by grub during boot.
> Your grub.cfg file is only used when menu.lst is rewritten after installing
> a new kernel. I don't know grub.cfg format, but it has unbalanced braces.
> There is an extra '}' character on line 82.

That was indeed it! (I guess I was too focused on the
line that came up in the actual error-message)...

Many thanks.

--
Andreas Ronnquist <andreas.ronnquist@meritkonsult.se>