Old 09-22-2008, 06:46 PM
"Michael Habashy"

Default etch and a half and the new kernel...

i just tried the new dvd 4.0r4a dvd -- I thought the new kernel would
be there..instead i got the 2.6.18-6-amd64 #1

can someone tell me how to get the new kernel or modify the dvd to
install the new one ???

how can i down load the new kernel with apt-get ????

thanks
mjh

Old 09-22-2008, 07:22 PM
"elijah rutschman"

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Michael Habashy <mjh2000@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> how can i down load the new kernel with apt-get ????

$ apt-get update && apt-cache search linux-image

should give you a list of all the kernel packages available for
download from the repositories.

Cheers,
Elijah

Old 09-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:46:52 -0400 Michael Habashy wrote:

> i just tried the new dvd 4.0r4a dvd -- I thought the new kernel would
> be there..instead i got the 2.6.18-6-amd64 #1
>
> can someone tell me how to get the new kernel or modify the dvd to
> install the new one ???

http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/etchnhalf

Regards,
Andrei