Old 09-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Brent Russell Langille Carter

Default problems with splashy on sid

Hello:

I am using splashy on Debian sid with an initrd. I don't use grub or
lilo but boot from smartfirmware with options: video=radeonfb:1280x1024-32@75 splash quiet

I have built the initrd and mounted it to check and indeed
splashy is in the initrd under /sbin. I also checked to see if
libglib-2.0.so.0 is present and it is under /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0.
However when I boot the system I eventually get the warning:

error while loading shared libraries: libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot open
shared object file: no such file or directory

Any ideas?

Zoho