Old 11-18-2007, 03:20 AM
"David Fox"

Default Followup to my last posting

Old 11-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Ron Johnson

Old 11-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 11/18/07 04:20, David Fox wrote:

Please give such files a .txt suffix so that Tbird knows what to do
with them.

I wish thunderbird and iceweasel are smart enough to just pretend the
file is text and display it. It is annoying to have to save a file and
open it in some text editor just to view its contents when there is no
reason a browser cannot just display it

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Old 11-18-2007, 11:51 AM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 03:29:51PM +0530, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> >On 11/18/07 04:20, David Fox wrote:
> >
> >Please give such files a .txt suffix so that Tbird knows what to do
> >with them.
> >

> I wish thunderbird and iceweasel are smart enough to just pretend the
> file is text and display it. It is annoying to have to save a file and
> open it in some text editor just to view its contents when there is no
> reason a browser cannot just display it

Yeah, well, mutt isn't either. If I get an email that is just
attachments that mutt won't display, I delete it. It may be annoying,
but the code of conduct says to send plain text only.

Doug.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 11-18-2007, 12:41 PM