Old 11-19-2007, 01:47 AM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

Default Followup to my last posting

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 07:32:02PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 07:51:19AM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

> > > I wish thunderbird and iceweasel are smart enough to just pretend the
> > > file is text and display it. It is annoying to have to save a file and
> > > open it in some text editor just to view its contents when there is no
> > > reason a browser cannot just display it
> >
> > Yeah, well, mutt isn't either. If I get an email that is just
> > attachments that mutt won't display, I delete it. It may be annoying,
> > but the code of conduct says to send plain text only.
>
> If you press v and then Enter on the selected attachment it will be
> displayed as text.

I know that. I can do that too to read html (get lynx). However, there
was not cover text saying "look at the (whatever) attached" or
something. It was just a series of attachments that didn't come up as
plain text. How am I to differentiate this from all the spam on the
list without opening at least one attachment from every piece of junk?

The code of conduct says to send as plain text and to avoid sending
large attachements.

Doug.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom