Old 09-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Depo Catcher

Default Sunbird server?

I use the SunBirds (on Windows/Linux) and my girlfriend uses the gmail
Calendars

Is there any ways to sync the two together? I might be able to get her
to switch to the SunBirds.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Neil

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Depo Catcher <depocatcher@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use the SunBirds (on Windows/Linux) and my girlfriend uses the gmail
> Calendars
>
> Is there any ways to sync the two together? I might be able to get her to
> switch to the SunBirds.

Can Sunbird import ICS files? Gcalendar can export to that format in
settings - calendars

Neil

--
There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who cannot count

Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 AM
"thveillon.debian"

Neil a écrit :

I use the SunBirds (on Windows/Linux) and my girlfriend uses the gmail
Calendars

Is there any ways to sync the two together? I might be able to get her to
switch to the SunBirds.

Can Sunbird import ICS files? Gcalendar can export to that format in
settings - calendars

Neil

You can try downloading this extention :

named "provider for google calendar", it's working with iceowl 0.8 and
the icedove extention (lightning).
Then when choosing "subscribe to remote calendar" from iceowl file menu
you'll see a google agenda radio button, and a field where you can paste
a google cal private address xml feed (to be found in your google cal
settings panel).

If choosing to create a new calendar you'll also benefit from a new
"google" radio button.

Hope it helps.

Tom

Old 09-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Gregory Seidman

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 02:40:43AM -0500, Depo Catcher wrote:

> I use the SunBirds (on Windows/Linux) and my girlfriend uses the gmail
> Calendars
>
> Is there any ways to sync the two together? I might be able to get her
> to switch to the SunBirds.

Sunbird is a CalDAV client, and Google Calendar is a CalDAV server.
Google's CalDAV support is in beta, but so is most of Google's software,
and Sunbird is a 0.x release anyway. See heere for useful information:

http://blog.heatery.com/2008/08/enabling-google-caldav-for-mozilla.html

--Greg

Old 09-24-2008, 04:02 AM
Michael Perry

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:40:08 +0200, Gregory Seidman wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 02:40:43AM -0500, Depo Catcher wrote:
>>
>> I use the SunBirds (on Windows/Linux) and my girlfriend uses the gmail
>> Calendars
>>
>> Is there any ways to sync the two together? I might be able to get her
>> to switch to the SunBirds.
>
> Sunbird is a CalDAV client, and Google Calendar is a CalDAV server.
> Google's CalDAV support is in beta, but so is most of Google's software,
> and Sunbird is a 0.x release anyway. See heere for useful information:
>
> http://blog.heatery.com/2008/08/enabling-google-caldav-for-mozilla.html
>
> --Greg

Use the provider mentioned above. Its easy to setup and it does 2 way
sync from Sunbird/Lightning to Google Calendar. You install the
addin/extension on linux or windows that's running sunbird and setup a
new calendar on the net. You will see after installing and shutting down
an option for google calendar. You need to copy and paste a value from
the google calendar and then enter the password for the google calendar
account.

Done.