Old 09-13-2008, 03:54 AM
T o n g

Default OT, where is jar

Hi,

Where can I find the 'jar' command?

It used to come with the java package, but I have all necessary java
packages:

ii java-common Base of all Java packages
ii java-package utility for building Java(TM) 2 related Debian packages
ii sun-java6-bin Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (architecture
dependent files)
ii sun-java6-jre Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (architecture
independent files)
ii sun-java6-plugin The Java(TM) Plug-in, Java SE 6

but I don't have the 'jar' command.

Please help.

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 09-13-2008, 04:02 AM
"nate"

T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can I find the 'jar' command?

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=bin%2Fjar&mode=p ath&suite=stable&arch=any

Looks like your best bet is the jdk

http://packages.debian.org/etch/sun-java5-jdk

nate

Old 09-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Osamu Aoki

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 03:54:22AM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where can I find the 'jar' command?
>
> It used to come with the java package, but I have all necessary java
> packages:
>
> ii java-common Base of all Java packages
> ii java-package utility for building Java(TM) 2 related Debian packages
> ii sun-java6-bin Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (architecture
> dependent files)
> ii sun-java6-jre Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 (architecture
> independent files)
> ii sun-java6-plugin The Java(TM) Plug-in, Java SE 6
>
> but I don't have the 'jar' command.

fastjar package

Old 09-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Nyizsnyik Ferenc

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:52:18 +0900
Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 03:54:22AM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Where can I find the 'jar' command?
> >
> > It used to come with the java package, but I have all necessary
> > java packages:
> >
> > ii java-common Base of all Java packages
> > ii java-package utility for building Java(TM) 2 related Debian
> > packages ii sun-java6-bin Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6
> > (architecture dependent files)
> > ii sun-java6-jre Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6
> > (architecture independent files)
> > ii sun-java6-plugin The Java(TM) Plug-in, Java SE 6
> >
> > but I don't have the 'jar' command.
>
> fastjar package

It's in sun-java6-jdk.

--
Nyizsa.
http://nyizsa.uni.cc

Old 09-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Sharninder

> Where can I find the 'jar' command?
>
> It used to come with the java package, but I have all necessary java
> packages:

you need the complete JDK. The package is called sun-java-jdk6 or something.

Regards,
Sharninder

--
http://nomadicrider.com/

Old 09-23-2008, 10:06 AM
"Mirco Piccin"

Hi

>> Where can I find the 'jar' command?
>>
>> It used to come with the java package, but I have all necessary java
>> packages:

I don't know if jar is a command; usually i use "java -jar ..":

# java -jar file.jar

It works.
Regards

Old 09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
"Mirco Piccin"

Sorry, maybe i've not understand well

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Mirco Piccin <pictux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>>> Where can I find the 'jar' command?
>>>
>>> It used to come with the java package, but I have all necessary java
>>> packages:

if you need to run .jar file, use this command:

> # java -jar file.jar

If you mean the archive tool for Java archives, i agree with tha above posts.
Regards

Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Mark Allums

Mirco Piccin wrote:

Sorry, maybe i've not understand well

It used to come with the java package, but I have all necessary java
packages:

if you need to run .jar file, use this command:

# java -jar file.jar

If you mean the archive tool for Java archives, i agree with tha above posts.
Regards

Isn't there a package, fastjar? What does it do?

Mark Allums