Old 12-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Andrew Henry

Default Where is LUKS passphrase stored?

I am about to wipe my server and reinstall, and I have an external 1394a
disk that is encrypted with LUKS and dmcrypt. Is the passphrase stored
in the header of the partition on the external drive? If it is then it
should not be an issue to reinstall my server but if it is stored
anywhere on the server then will I be able to get access to my data
after reinstalling?

--andrew

--
GnuPG Key ID: ECB18ABA
Fingerprint: FDF3 91FC F5BC 1164 E217 315E 337E 219B ECB1 8ABA