Old 11-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Paul Cartwright

Default password on screensaver

I have 2 logins on this box ( Debian Lenny).
mine continually requires a password after the screensaver cuts in, or going
from user to user. The other login doesn't. Since it is only the 2 of us, I
don't want it to require a password on restoring a session. I have turned off
screensaver and screensaver password, yet it still does it. What am I doing
wrong.
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 11-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Kent West

Paul Cartwright wrote:

I have 2 logins on this box ( Debian Lenny).
mine continually requires a password after the screensaver cuts in, or going
from user to user. The other login doesn't. Since it is only the 2 of us, I
don't want it to require a password on restoring a session. I have turned off
screensaver and screensaver password, yet it still does it. What am I doing
wrong.

What environment are you using? KDE? Gnome? XFCE? other?

Are both users using the same environment?

What screensaver program?

Are both users using the same screensaver program?

Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Paul Cartwright

On Mon November 19 2007, Kent West wrote:
> > I have 2 logins on this box ( Debian Lenny).
> > mine continually requires a password after the screensaver cuts in, or
> > going from user to user. The other login doesn't. Since it is only the 2
> > of us, I don't want it to require a password on restoring a session. I
> > have turned off screensaver and screensaver password, yet it still does
> > it. What am I doing wrong.
> > *
>
> What environment are you using? KDE? Gnome? XFCE? other?
both users are using KDE, Lenny and KDE 3.5.8

> Are both users using the same environment?

yes
> What screensaver program?

um, the default? actually I turned OFF the screensaver ( right-click desktop,
configure desktop-screen saver. Unchecked it.)
I have the display setting set to enable display power management:
standyby 36min
suspend 54 min
power off 96 min

> Are both users using the same screensaver program?

hers doesn't ask for the password.