Old 08-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Marcin Lewandowski

Default Apt sources.list and relative ssh path

Hi, is there any way to specify relative path on the remote ssh account
in the /etc/apt/sources.list file?

Currently I've only managed to make it working with specifying absolute
path.

Thanks,

m.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Shachar Or

On Monday 25 August 2008 15:17, Marcin Lewandowski wrote:
> Hi, is there any way to specify relative path on the remote ssh account
> in the /etc/apt/sources.list file?

What does ssh have to do with the sources.list file?

'man sources.list'

> Currently I've only managed to make it working with specifying absolute
> path.

Make what work?

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/

Old 08-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Shachar Or

On Monday 25 August 2008 17:13, Marcin Lewandowski wrote:
> Shachar Or pisze:
> > On Monday 25 August 2008 15:17, Marcin Lewandowski wrote:
> >> Hi, is there any way to specify relative path on the remote ssh account
> >> in the /etc/apt/sources.list file?
> >
> > What does ssh have to do with the sources.list file?
> >
> > 'man sources.list'
>
> I've did that. I always do that before I ask. There's no example related
> to ssh transport in that man.
>
> deb ssh://username@host/this/is/an/absolute/path xyz
>
> works
>
> i see no way to specify relative path here

Ah, I see.

But what is a relative path good for in this case? Relative to what, exactly?
I don't know if there's a $PWD at all in this case, other than perhaps ~ . So
you can do somehting like deb ssh://username@host:~/here/is/good xyz . Maybe.

But again; relative to what path?

--
Shachar Or | שחר אור