Old 08-24-2008, 01:31 AM
Ron Johnson

Default How to recover email?

On 08/23/08 20:03, Thomas H. George wrote:
When a harddrive was failing I managed to copy the contents of
/home/tom. This includes a file
/home/tom/.mozilla/tom/Mail/mail.tomgeorge.info/Inbox containing three
years of email - mostly junk, but containing a few gems I would like to
recover. I reinstalled lenny and iceape and created a new mailbox.
When I try to import the recovered file the only option is Communicator
4.x and nothing is imported.

Shutdown iceape and then simply cat (append) the saved Inbox file
onto the current mail.tomgeorge.info/Inbox.

This works because Netscape/Mozilla stores emails in mbox format.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

hook beneath it." -- Thomas Jefferson