Old 08-23-2008, 10:21 AM
PauL Lane

Default libxml2 security update

Hello to all,
Updated the libxml2 package from security updates yesterday. Booted
up this morning and Gnome is foobarred. For those you have not updated
from this security warning, DON'T. Unless you are comfortable working
from the commandline. Thanks for the heads up on that also, I thought
that the security update would have fixed the aforementioned problem
that the gentleman had previously mentioned. But, I stand corrected.
Used aptitude to purge the package and it naturely thought I was insane
and naturely downgraded to the previous version, little did it know
that is what I wanted it to do. Back in business now.

--
Paul Lane |Debian-Etch "Like a Rock"
KC9EYE |GNU/Linux 2.6.18-6-486
|Mutt 1.5.13 (2006-08-11)
Amateur Radio and Linux "like" Peas and Carrots
http://www.qsl.net/kc9eye