Old 08-23-2008, 02:58 PM
John Hasler

Default need help with cc

Ron Johnson wrote:
> It would be interesting to know how many people on this list know
> (without resorting to Google) what PSW means...

Program Status Word.
--
John Hasler

Old 08-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Ron Johnson

On 08/23/08 09:58, John Hasler wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:

It would be interesting to know how many people on this list know
(without resorting to Google) what PSW means...

Program Status Word.

Yes. But Prickley Space Woman is so much more interesting!

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

hook beneath it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-23-2008, 05:28 PM
"H.S."

raman narasimhan wrote:
> i'm new to debian.. after compilation whenever i type ./a.out, bash says
> permission denied or says segmentation fault...
> how do i resolve the problem ?

If you are getting a permission denied message, that means your binary
executable, the a.out in your case, does not have 'x' bit set. Do
$> chmot u+x a.out

But if you are using gcc, I think you should not be getting this problem.

Next, if you are getting a segmentation fault, you are illegally trying
to access a memory location. To catch where the problem is, one way is
to use the gdb debugger. You can search google to see how to use gdb to
find what is causing the segmentation fault.

If you need more help, just ask.

Good luck,
->HS

Old 08-23-2008, 09:57 PM

Actually I thought it was a message from an overworked compiler,
"parser sucking wind"
Larry