Old 08-23-2008, 01:51 AM
"Zaki Akhmad"

Default IP Forward on Testing

Hello

I am using Debian as a router, so that I need to enable the ipv4
forward feature. My question is how I enable it automatically, even
when the machine is reboot? So that the value in

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

still 1?

Thank you
--
Zaki Akhmad

Old 08-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Sergio Perticone

On 23 Ago, 04:00, "Zaki Akhmad" <zakiakh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using Debian as a router, so that I need to enable the ipv4
> forward feature. My question is how I enable it automatically, even
> when the machine is reboot? So that the value in
>
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>
> still 1?
>
> Thank you
> --
> Zaki Akhmad

% echo 'net.ipv4.ip_forward=1' >> /etc/sysctl.conf

s.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:53 AM
Alex Samad

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 08:51:08AM +0700, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using Debian as a router, so that I need to enable the ipv4
> forward feature. My question is how I enable it automatically, even
> when the machine is reboot? So that the value in
>
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>
> still 1?

have a look at

/etc/sysctl.conf