Old 08-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Joris Dobbelsteen

Default Migrate from AMD64 to i386

Dear all,

Is there an easy way to migrate an installation from AMD64 to i386?

Why? I have a firewall (so i386 is more efficient for conntrack) and it
has got later linux-xen kernels available (IPv6 stateful).

I made a choice early on to make it amd64 (as everything is), but only
686 has newer xen kernels (2.6.24 and 2.6.25) in backports. I like
Debian packages too much to be messing around with custom stuff.

(I didn't run a test yet, so probably I should do that first of all).

- Joris

Old 08-22-2008, 11:09 PM
"Luis San Martin Rojas"

2008/8/22 Joris Dobbelsteen <joris@familiedobbelsteen.nl>:
> Dear all,
>
> Is there an easy way to migrate an installation from AMD64 to i386?

AFAIK it is impossible, or at least a _nasty_ mission

Old 08-23-2008, 02:28 AM
Ron Johnson