Old 08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
"hasan ali"

Default instant drawing of virtual terminal

How can I make new screenfulls of text get drawn instantly in a virtual console, rather than having to wait for the text to scroll up. For example when paging with less, I have to wait for the entire screen to scroll up until I can read the new text, and this takes a long time when my cpu is under heavy load. Thank You.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Chris Bannister

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 04:00:04PM +0100, hasan ali wrote:
> How can I make new screenfulls of text get drawn instantly in a virtual
> console, rather than having to wait for the text to scroll up. For example when
> paging with less, I have to wait for the entire screen to scroll up until I can
> read the new text, and this takes a long time when my cpu is under heavy load.
> Thank You.

[Please don't post in HTML]

You could remove any vga= stanzas in your /boot/grub/menu.lst file.

--
Chris.
======