Old 08-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Robin

Default recording and streaming in the same time, and then mixing - soundstudio app?

2008/8/11 Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com>:
> Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mon,11.Aug.08, 23:29:56, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>>
>>> My goal is to stream the music and record my sough and then to mix
>>> theses together. How can I perform this task on my system?
>>
>> I think you need jack or maybe just pulseaudio.
>
> I have installed these:
>
> aptitude search jack
> i A jackd
>
> aptitude search pulseaudio
> i pulseaudio
>
> Audacity still can't works when I run audacious.
>
> --
> Regards, Paul Csanyi
> http://www.freewebs.com/csanyi-pal/index.htm

I'm using version 1.3.5-beta and going to Edit/Preferences/Audio I/O -
Playback Device, I have a choice of Alsa:default or Alsa:dmix. If you
select dmix does that help?
--
rob

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1

Old 08-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Robin

2008/8/11 Robin <rc.rattusrattus@googlemail.com>:
> 2008/8/11 Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com>:
>> Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I think you need jack or maybe just pulseaudio.
>>
>> I have installed these:
>>
>> aptitude search jack
>> i A jackd
>>
>> aptitude search pulseaudio
>> i pulseaudio
>>
>> Audacity still can't works when I run audacious.
>>
>> --
>> Regards, Paul Csanyi
>> http://www.freewebs.com/csanyi-pal/index.htm
>>

>> --
>>

> I'm using version 1.3.5-beta and going to Edit/Preferences/Audio I/O -
> Playback Device, I have a choice of Alsa:default or Alsa:dmix. If you
> select dmix does that help?
> --

Alternatively use /usr/bin/jacklaunch audacity
Jacklaunch is in the libjackasyn0 package.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Csanyi Pal

Robin <rc.rattusrattus@googlemail.com> writes:

> 2008/8/11 Robin <rc.rattusrattus@googlemail.com>:

>>> I have installed these:
>>>
>>> aptitude search jack
>>> i A jackd
>>>
>>> aptitude search pulseaudio
>>> i pulseaudio
>>>
>>> Audacity still can't works when I run audacious.

>> I'm using version 1.3.5-beta and going to Edit/Preferences/Audio I/O -
>> Playback Device, I have a choice of Alsa:default or Alsa:dmix. If you
>> select dmix does that help?

I'm using audacity version and at Edit/Preferences/Audio I/O -
Playback Device I have only /dev/dsp

> Alternatively use /usr/bin/jacklaunch audacity
> Jacklaunch is in the libjackasyn0 package.

jacklaunch audacity

start audacity, but still can't to works audacity together with
audacious.

Maybe I should to use ecasound for this purpose? Can I use ecasound
for this task?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi