-   -   ftp.au.debian.org down? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/140606-ftp-au-debian-org-down.html)

Daniel Dalton 08-10-2008 11:20 AM

ftp.au.debian.org down?

Does anyone else have problems when trying to connect to
ftp.au.debian.org.
I can't even ping it however, I can ping the Us one ftp.us.debian.org.

If the server is down, could a debian developer fix it if possible?

Thanks,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton@iinet.net.au>

"James Harper" 08-10-2008 12:00 PM

ftp.au.debian.org down?

> Does anyone else have problems when trying to connect to
> ftp.au.debian.org.
> I can't even ping it however, I can ping the Us one ftp.us.debian.org.

Me too. It doesn't appear to be reachable via IPv4 or IPv6.

> If the server is down, could a debian developer fix it if possible?

ftp.debian.org.au is a cname for mirror.linux.org.au. I don't think
Debian developers are directly responsible for it. I'd be reasonably
confident that if something is going to be done about it on a Sunday
night, it's probably already being done :)

One of the advantages of mirrors is that there are so many to choose
from!

James